Thursday, March 12, 2009

Raku Crackle Exhibit


Well, it's nearly the moment I've been working up to for the past month, "The Black and White Show" at the MDH Fine Arts Gallery!
Here's the invite-incase you're in the neighborhood, New York CIty's Chelsea. (one of my pieces is on the far left, Artist Fred Rose's beauties are on the right) Fred has taught me everything I know about Pottery. He directs, teaches and works in the studio next door to the gallery. Thanks, Fred-couldn't have done it without you! He's done some gorgeous raki pieces in the show as well. It's a combination of Black and White Illustrations and Raku pottery (thus the name). I think MDH has done a great job in putting this one together! You can get some beautiful pieces and prices are affordable for regular people. The illustrations are the kind I could look at for a very long time. Once again, it would be hard to narrow down a fav. As for me, I've got about 6 pieces in the show. A few didn't make it, simply because of the nature of raku (they split). However, I'm very happy with the pieces being shown. Later, I will post the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment