Friday, March 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home



This installation reminds me of growing up in the burbs. A fellow artist, Jim Shack created these–each one with its own individual look. The more I look at them, the more I see the idea of fighting for uniqueness in a sea of convention.


It also reminds me of another piece of art (one of my favorites) that was a wedding present by Ross Rosenberg. This one reminds me of the second time my parents moved us into their Dream Home - The House on the Hill." It was one they had someone build in a very prestigious part of town overlooking Diamond Head. It was around the time I was learning to drive. Our driveway was so steep it was a wonder how the car didn't roll down the hill.


Also in Jim Shack's Exhibit are these blocks. Which one is your fav? The work is currently showing at the MDH Fine Art Gallery in Chelsea, New York. A great place to find lots of inspiration, reasonably attainable under Director, Michael Henry's curating eye. For more information about this show and upcoming events, go to www.mdhfinearts.com

3 comments:

  1. what are mr. shack's things made of? for some reason, maybe cuz i'm hungry, everything looks like chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His pieces are of rewedged red, white stoneware and porcelain clay. The glazes are mixed with slip (part clay, part glaze) it gives it that yummy frosting look. Now, how about some chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Your site is beautiful!! I love the artwork.This is a really a home sweet home.

    Paula M

    ReplyDelete