Friday, February 27, 2009

Which is which


This week I also learned a bit about watercolors. This is basically my first attempt, not too bad (if I say so myself). I tried to replicate a piece of fabric designed by Manuel Canovas. Short history: Manuel went to Beaux Arts de Paris and Beaux Arts Rome. He studied architecture, painting, drawing and archaeology. He founded his own French fabric house in 1963. Can you tell which is the fabric and which is the watercolor? Watercolors is another exercise in patience, yet very peaceful to do!

(answer: watercolor on left/fabric on right)

2 comments:

  1. WOW... if that IS in fact your first attempt... you're feckin brilliant, m'dear!!! My God, I can't wait to see what you do after you've been at it a few years!
    Well done, Shelly!
    x Shivers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is my first attempt. It was pretty fun to do. Now on my list of things I like to do to relax.

    ReplyDelete